Mike Garvey, Librarian. Welcome to the Library Media Center. Please use the links to the right to access Media Center resources. For more information about this department, contact Mr. Garvey.
Databases & Websites:
What are databases?
A library database is an online resource (it is not a website) that we subscribe to/pay for. That contains articles and information from print sources such as magazines, newspapers, journals and reference books. An article database enables you to search through thousands (sometimes millions) of different magazines, journals and newspapers to find articles on a particular topic. Some of the articles you will find are Full Text.
- Download the Flipster app from your mobile device’s app store
- Select your school “WORCESTER TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL”
- Enter our EBSCO user id and password
- These instructions only need to be done the first time. After that opening the app will bring you to the magazines
Library Online Resources
- Citation Machine
- MLA APA TURABIAN CHICAGO Click the citation format you need and then the type of resource you wish to cite.
- Discovery Education
- Setting up your account: Teacher/staff and student names are already loaded into the database. Teachers/staff access using their phone number and the password "discovery". Student's use their ID number and password "discovery".
- Full suite of Gale databases
- Designed as an online learning environment, the resources will deliver accurate, authoritative content that builds collaboration from the library to the classroom. Covering science, biography, history, social issues and more, this new way of delivering content - in context, through comprehensive Web-like portal pages - supports the development of critical thinking and information literacy skills while providing the intuitive experience today's users have come to expect from online research. CLICK ON ABOVE LINK TO OPEN UP WHOLE SUITE OF RESOURCES
- Rand McNally Online
- Here you will find maps, games and activities, teaching resources, and geographic reference information.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.