Information, links, and resources for WTHS Freshmen
Our Jumpstart program is designed to help orient new students into our school! This is a great opportunity to meet your new teachers and classmates, navigate the building, and learn about our 23 technical areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What is exploratory?”
- Leads up to choosing a trade area
- Freshmen students will have the opportunity to experience eight different trade areas throughout a sixteen week period.
“What are A Week and Z Week?”
- We have a weekly alternating academic and technical area schedule
- If a student started the school year in shop week, they are in the “Z week” group
- If a student started the school year in academic week, they are in the “A week” group
“What is related theory?”
- This is the classroom portion of our trade areas that are taken everyday during a students’ academic week
- Students will learn key concepts to help them master their trades further
“When do freshmen get their shops?”
- Students will receive their trade areas once the 16 week exploratory program is over
- Administration will sort the students into the shops based on their final trade area rankings
- This is usually around the months of January and February.